Monday, May 24, 2010

The Single Life

I love my life, I love my child and the expectation of another, but I miss the "single" life. I liked going on dates with my husband, doing whatever I wanted to do, traveling, spending time with friends, etc. Now, even when I have the rare chance to do something by myself, or with just Geoffrey, I am thinking about Caleb or the new baby and I don't take the time to really absorb the space. Some friends of ours that we used to travel with just got back from a cruise. We saw a couple from our tribe out to breakfast on Sunday morning, as were we, but we had Caleb and were busy keeping him occupied, feeding, and then cleaning up. I thought about what their Sunday had in store and it was so different than ours. Geoffrey spent all of Saturday and Saturday night in Portland at a geek convention with friends/co-workers of his and I was left with Caleb. We had a good time, but it was so busy. We have talked about different travels for this summer, but I am starting to feel anxious about the new baby and a little frustrated that I won't get to see anybody or do anything I want to do because I am so pregnant, Geoffrey is working and flying, and that leaves me with babies. I want to run away sometimes and just be unattached and free, but I would miss what I have that I am attached to.

1 comment:

  1. I hear your frustration, but I know your heart...As you know this is just a season and it will be over before you know it. There will be years, not to far away, where there will once again, just be the two of you, and that season will last for much longer. What I wouldn't give to once again have my sweet babies. So, for now, keep being the incredible mommy you are, enjoy these precious years and the gifts of children you have received, and know that someday it will all be worth it. Those babies will grow up to be amazing adults...mine did.

    ReplyDelete