Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My Crouching Tiger



I have been struggling with difficult personalities and situations lately. At Dox, we recently talked about sin as a crouching tiger ready to strike. It is laying still just waiting to pounce. I think that anger is my tiger. It is a minute to minute battle to keep it at bay. I get frustrated and act before I think and that is a problem. I am finding it helpful to practice deep bikram breathing at all times, giving myself at least a breath before I respond. I know it has only been a couple of days, but I feel like it is helping. There are some people and situations in life that have been a real challenge for me and I am definitely in constant communication with myself to stay in line. I want to be and portray a loving and gentle spirit, but sometimes that is so hard when I feel like I am getting used, walked on, and manipulated. My tiger wants to rage, but that is not who I was created to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment